Last Saturday many women of Antioch gathered to worship, connect, and look at God’s Word together. We had a blast! Through storytelling, games, and studying, we learned what it means to be adopted by our Heavenly Father and how we can grow more and more into his image.
We also shared one tool to aid in studying the Bible, and we thought you might find it helpful too. This is not the only Bible study method, and it’s not entirely original nor exhaustive. The main goal is to help the reader know what to look for, and to not end up with an application that doesn’t come from the text. Try it for yourself and see if it helps you!
Reading the Bible
1. Pray – Why do we read?
“Heavenly Father, help me delight in your Word. Give me diligence to read even if the delight doesn’t come. Illuminate your truth to me and show me how to live in light of your truth.”
2. Observe – What do we see?
- Cause & Effect
- Ifs & Thens
- Compare & Contrast
- Questions & Answers
- Read the passage again!
3. Interpret – So what is this passage saying?
- Context of the book & author
- Culture of the time
- Cross-reference Scripture
- Conclusion of the passage
- Consult good resources and people
4. Apply – Now what are we supposed to do?
- Reflect. Lord, am I living like this passage calls me to?
- Repent of sin, intentional or unintentional
- Rejoice in his grace
- Reach out. Who can I share this with?
- Renew. Lord, help me live this out today.